Yesterday I officially launched a new Drupal site I’ve developed. It’s an intranet for my 130-member show chorus, Harborlites.
I’ve built simple Drupal applications before, but only for a handful of users (like this one, my personal site). The chorus intranet is far more robust, and services a much larger user community. I have installed and configured about a dozen modules on top of the default core pack, and developed an entire library of custom views, menus, and blocks that are dynamically called up depending on the particular taxonomies and url aliases used on each node. I’m pleased with it so far, but it’s still not quit where I want it for 1.0 status.
The most challenging task was migrating and writing actual content without slowing down the actual site development. So I’ve recruited and trained a small team of web editors from within the chorus, who now handle most of the chorus content needs, allowing me to focus on development.
I’ll continue to post as I continue development…