I am quite excited to finally attend my first ALA conference! No excuses to miss this one since it’s practically in my backyard. I very much look forward to actually meeting, and hanging out with colleagues and friends that I’ve known only virtual thus far via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and the blogosphere. And I have a jam-packed schedule of workshops, sessions, and social events that should be super stimulating and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I have to make a final choice between many sessions offered at the same time.
Following is my conference schedule thus far.
If you plan to be at any of these events, or want to try to meet-up for lunch or dinner, hit me up!
Friday, June 22, 2012
- (8:30am – 4:00pm) LITA: Web Content Strategy for Libraries
- (5:30pm – 7:30pm) Exhibits Opening/ All Conference Reception
Saturday, June 23, 2012
- (10:30am – 12:00pm) LITA: Comparing Discovery Tools & Search
- (1:30pm – 3:30pm) IT Project Management for Libraries
- (4:00pm – 5:30pm) George R.R. Martin and Blake Charlton
- (7:30pm – 10:00pm) Librarian Tweet-Up
Sunday, June 24, 2012
- (10:30am – 12:00pm) Responsive Web Design: get beyond the myth of the mobile Web
- (1:30pm – 3:30pm) Top Technology Trends & LITA Awards Presentation
- (4:00pm – 5:30pm) Discovery Systems: The Promise and the Reality
- (5:30pm – ?) LITA Happy Hour
Monday, June 25, 2012
- (8:00am – 10:00am) Digital Literacy at the Front Lines of Library Service: Issues, challenges, and opportunities
- (10:30am – 12pm) Digital Literacy at the Front Lines of Library Service: Issues, challenges, and opportunities
- (1:30pm – 3:30pm) Riding the Publishing Rollercoaster: Practical Strategies from Research to Writing
- (4:00pm – 5:30pm) LITA: IT Tactical & Strategic Planning in the Library