I am thrilled to lead an upcoming two-part online study group for DearMYRTLE focusing on Hispanic research. The series starts one week from today, on Wednesday, March 14th, and concludes the following Wednesday on March 21st. This online format will allow you to join us from the comfort of your own home, or anywhere else you might have an internet connection. And it’s FREE!
Can’t attend the live study group dates and times? Check back after March 14th for a copy of the recorded sessions.
UPDATE 3/06/18: The dates have changed to March 14th and March 21st.
UPDATE 3/27/18: You can view the recorded webinars here.
Hispanic Genealogy Research Study Group
This two-part online study group will explain general concepts that pertain to Hispanic genealogy, discuss Hispanic immigration to and migration within the U.S., explain researching the homeland, and recommend key must-have reference tools for anyone doing Hispanic research.
Study Group Logistics
- Dates: Wednesday,
March 7th & 14th 2018now March 14th & 21st, 2018.
- Times: 12:00 p.m. noon Eastern US (New York), 11:00 a.m. Central US (Chicago), 10:00 a.m. Mountain US (Denver, Salt Lake City), 9:00 a.m. Pacific US (Los Angeles)
- Location: Online via DearMYRTLE Study Groups
- Registration: Free (register online to view this live)
The study group will be recorded, and an archived copy will be made available online.
- Gain an understanding of the historical concepts, traditions, and major record collections common among Spanish-speaking countries, which are relevant to genealogical research.
- Gain and understanding of Hispanic immigration patterns to and migration patterns within the present-day United States.
- Become familiar with key websites and tools for tracing your Hispanic family history.
- Learn how even a non-Spanish speaker can be successful at this research.
Interested in Hispanic genealogy and history?
SIGN UP NOW with your email address to get my FREE email newsletter, HISPANIC RESEARCH & HERITAGE, delivered to your inbox the 1st week of every month! Packed with bonus tips, collections, events, and news recommended by me. Your email address will never be sold or shared with others.