This introductory lecture covers key U.S. records and strategies for identifying when and where your Mexican ancestors immigrated, and for identifying their hometown in Mexico. It will also provide an overview of the main Mexican record types available online for tracing those family lines further back in Mexico.
This class is ideal for anyone new to researching their Mexican lines, as well as those still relatively new to genealogy in general.
- Gain familiarity with the record collections, websites, and tools available for tracing your Mexican family history.
- Find out where you can learn more and get more help.
- Learn how even a non-Spanish speaker can be successful at this research.
- Format: Instructional lecture.
- Length: 60 minutes, including Q&A.
- Audience: Genealogists and family historians.
- Experience: Strong beginners, intermediate.
Interested in Hispanic genealogy and history?
SIGN UP NOW with your email address to get my FREE email newsletter, HISPANIC RESEARCH & HERITAGE, delivered to your inbox the 1st week of every month! Packed with bonus tips, collections, events, and news recommended by me. Your email address will never be sold or shared with others.