Cloud computing refers to on-demand applications, data, and services hosted and shared over the internet.
This introductory presentation discusses the general concepts behind cloud computing, and why it matters to genealogy. It highlights genealogy-specific tools as well as general products that are useful to family historians, and showcases specific examples. We will discuss the benefits and risks associated with cloud computing, and take a look at trends that have a direct impact on genealogy.
- Gain familiarity with the basic concepts of cloud computing.
- Learn about different uses and applications relevant to genealogy.
- Develop an understanding of the benefits and risks to cloud computing.
- Format: Instructional lecture.
- Length: 60 minutes, including Q&A.
- Audience: Genealogists and family historians.
- Experience: Beginners, strong beginners, intermediate, advanced.