Evernote is one of my key go-to tools for genealogical research.
This instructional guide is very much a work in progress, so please check back often.
Related Articles from My Blog
I periodically write about using Evernote for genealogy.
- Evernote for Genealogy: The Foundation of My Research Organization System
- Evernote for Genealogy: Research Logs and Note Links
- Evernote for Genealogy: Creating a Linked Research Log Index
- Evernote For Genealogy: Mobile Audio Interviews
Using and Navigating Around the Evernote Interface
These tutorials will help you become familiar with navigating around Evernote on different operating systems and devices.
This embedded video player contains a playlist of different videos for each operating system or mobile platform. I have also included a list of links for these videos underneath the embedded player. These videos, published by Evernote, might be a little dated and for a previous version, but are still current enough to get up and running on the newest versions of Evernote.
Videos in this playlist:
- Evernote User Interface Overview: Web, by Evernote (September 1, 2015)
- Evernote User Interface Overview: Mac, by Evernote (
- Evernote User Interface Overview: Windows, by Evernote (July 1, 2015)
- Evernote for Windows, by Evernote (April 6, 2016)
- Introducing Evernote 8.0 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, by Evernote (February 7, 2017)
- Evernote 6 for Android, by Evernote (September 4, 2014)