What can you learn about your ethnic origins from DNA testing? How can it be used to piece together your family history?
This introductory lecture will help you decide if DNA testing is right for you, or help those who are still somewhat new to genetic genealogy gain a more solid understanding of its concepts and applications.
It includes an overview of:
- The 3 types of DNA tests used for family history research
- How each type of DNA is inherited from our ancestors
- Examples of how DNA can help solve genealogy research problems
- Privacy and ethical considerations
This presentation is also available as part of a longer two-hour version titled A Crash Course in Using DNA to Discover Your Ancestry.
- Length: 60 minutes, including Q&A
- Audience: Genealogists and family historians