Not sure which DNA testing company to pick? Are you trying to figure out who you should test or ask to test next? Do you want to maximize your DNA investment for your genealogy research?
Trying to determine which family members to test and which company to test with can be confusing. You want to make smart choices that best address your genealogy research goals.
This lecture includes an overview of:
- The main companies who do consumer testing for family history
- A brief look at results and analytical tools for each type of test
- Deciding who to test and why
- Privacy and ethical considerations.
This presentation is also available as part of a longer two-hour version titled A Crash Course in Using DNA to Discover Your Ancestry.
- Length: 60 minutes, including Q&A
- Audience: Genealogists and family historians