Are you passionate about learning? Because I am passionate about teaching!
I am available for lectures, workshops, guest lectures, webinars, conferences, and retreats. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability and rates.
Interested in attending one of my classes? Visit my Speaking & Teaching Schedule.
Don’t see what you are looking for? I am happy to discuss customizing a lecture or workshop to fit your specific needs. Email me at email@example.com.
- The American Southwest: Digitized Collections & Archival Finding Aids
- The Bigger Picture: Using Social History to Fill in the Gaps of Your Hispanic Ancestors’ Lives (available March 2018)
- Cloud Computing for Genealogy: Applications, Strategies, and Workflows
- Evernote for Genealogy Research
- Facebook for Genealogy
- Free Digital Archival Collections for Doing California Research
- Hispanic American Digitized Collections & Archival Finding Aids
- An Introduction to Researching Your Mexican Ancestors
- An Overview of Cloud Computing for Genealogy
- An Overview of Researching Hispanic Ancestry
- The Suspect Centenarian: Using a Common Source to Connect to Mexican Origins
- Using DNA to Discover Your Ancestry
- Utilizing the Digital Public Library of America & the HathiTrust for Family History Research
- Working with Mexican Church & Civil Registration Records
- A Seminar in U.S. Genealogy and Genealogy Librarianship (semester-long)
LAM: Libraries, Archives & Museums
- Using Omeka for Digitized Collections, Digital Exhibits, and Digital History Projects
- A Crash Course in U.S. Genealogy for Librarians (multi-week)
- A Seminar in U.S. Genealogy and Genealogy Librarianship (semester)
History, Chicano Studies & Latin American Studies
Many of my lectures can be customized as guest lectures or workshops for your college courses. I am happy to map these to your assignment or course learning outcomes.
Instructional lectures are one-hour in length, including 15 minutes of Q&A time, and can be delivered with our without internet access.
Hands-on workshops can be tailored between two-to-three-hours in length, with plenty of time for your staff, society, class, or conference attendees to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. A strong reliable internet connection is required.
Online courses can be delivered via the learning management system of your choice. My courses include: written and video lectures, weekly discussions, weekly activities and graded assessments for each set of lessons, and 1-3 major graded assignments mapped to your programs’s core competencies.