Canva is a freemium model cloud-based graphic design app that allows even the most design-challenged genealogist to create attractive professional digital and print products.
I use it frequently to create:
- Social media and website graphics for my professional and personal blogs
- Social media graphics to share my family history stories (Veterans Day, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, etc.)
- Infographics for my professional blog and my teaching materials
- Postcards, flyers, and bookmarks to promote my work and society, and for family reunions and celebrations
We will walk through navigating around the browser interface and features, review the various design libraries, and demonstrate some of my regular design use cases. You will learn the differences between free personal Canva, premium Canva Pro, and Canva’s Nonprofits program. I will also discuss how I manage my brand kits and branded templates, which I share with my work teams.
This workshop is an extended hands-on version of my 1 hour lecture. Students will have the opportunity to use log in with a student account to use the instructors Pro account. They will walk away confident with using Canva, and anxious to set up their own free or Pro account.
- Length: 2 hours, including Q&A
- Audience: Genealogists and family historians
- Technical Requirements: Wifi for the instructor and students; students bring their laptops, or the workshop is held in a room with desktops