Are you just starting to research your Hispanic ancestors? Are you a seasoned researcher who wants to learn new strategies to build your Hispanic family tree out further? Are you a genealogist or librarian who assists Hispanic researchers?
Join me online on Sunday, September 23rd with the Virtual Genealogical Association (VGA) for this Hispanic Heritage Month event! Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated annually in the United States from September 15th – October 15th.
An Overview of Researching Hispanic Ancestry
This overview lecture will explain general concepts that pertain to Hispanic genealogy; discuss Hispanic immigration to and migration within the U.S., demonstrate key collections for researching you ancestors in the U.S. and in the homeland; and recommend key must-have reference tools for anyone doing Hispanic research.
- Gain an understanding of the historical concepts, traditions, and major record collections common among Spanish-speaking countries, which are relevant to genealogical research.
- Gain and understanding of Hispanic immigration patterns to and migration patterns within the present-day United States.
- Become familiar with key websites, record collections, and tools for tracing your Hispanic family history.
- Learn how even a non-Spanish speaker can be successful at this research.
- Date & Time: Sunday, September 23, 2018 (1:00 p.m. Eastern, includes Q&A)
- Location: Online via VGA (register today!)
- Access: VGA webinars are restricted to VGA Members.
- Join VGA today for access, just $20 per year.
- Includes the webinar handout.
- Includes access to the recorded webinar for up to 6 months.
If you attend, please hit me up on the VGA Members Facebook Group and introduce yourself!
Interested in Hispanic genealogy and history?
Follow our Hispanic Genealogy & Heritage Facebook Page, which is packed with tips, collections, events, and news personally recommended by me. I scour the web for great information for you. See you on Facebook today!