Are you interested in learning about the history of your Mexican ancestors, but don’t know how to get started? Have you been researching your Mexican family history for a while, but want some additional tips or need a refresher?
Join me tonight at 8:00 p.m. Central Time for this FREE webinar!
I apologize for the very last minute notice (my spring semester workload at the university has been overwhelming), but I am giving a webinar for the Illinois State Genealogical Society (ISGS) tonight that is available for free during the live presentation tonight. Registration is required to view tonight’s live event.
- Title: An Introduction to Researching Your Mexican Ancestors
- Date & Time: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 (8:00 p.m. Central)
- Description: This introductory lecture covers key U.S. records and strategies for identifying when and where your Mexican ancestors immigrated and for identifying their hometown in Mexico. It will also provide an overview of the main Mexican record types available online for tracing those family lines further back in Mexico. Learn how even a non-Spanish speaker can be successful at this research.
- Live Presentation: FREE, but registration is required
- Recorded Version: Available with an ISGS membership ($40 per year) to watch at your convenience.
I look forward to seeing you online tonight!
Interested in Hispanic genealogy and history?
Follow our Hispanic Genealogy & Heritage Facebook Page, which is packed with tips, collections, events, and news personally recommended by me. I scour the web for great information for you. See you on Facebook today!
2 thoughts on “Free Webinar Tonight: An Introduction to Researching Your Mexican Ancestors”
Hi Colleen, I believe us to be relatives. I am first cousins to Rosanna Golisch, Dorothy Manzer and Teresa Thaxton. I remember growing up seeing Aunt Mary, (I believe your great grandma) and my grandma Nieto(Ascension’s sister) and playing with cousins, Lenny and Gilbert. Do you know who I am talking about?I also remember little Linda. I remember Trini and Gilbert.
I can be reached at email@example.com or 562 688-1922. I would love to be in contact or communicate with you further.
Cathy (McElroy) Hoover
My apologies for the late reply. Summer is my busiest job season.
Those are all my cousins.
You can find my contact information in the right sidebar (see: “Let’s Connect”).